In Fairfield County School District we work to achieve greatness through the use of technology. Technology is a critical resource used in the education of our students and as such, we work to find new and innovative technology for all students and staff. These include:
- Year-round data and voice connectivity to 9 instructional and 2 non-instructional facilities in our district
- 2.5Gbps internet access and 10 Gbps internal access
- Individual technology devices for all students (a 1:1 initiative)
- Support in Hundreds of instructional/non-instructional software and programs
- E-rate Program Management
- Google Workspace for Education (email, virtually unlimited file storage, etc.)
- We work to find and implement new and innovative methods to ensure both the Physical and Cyber-Security of our District.
- VoIP/Analog Support
- Computer and Internet access support by telephone, remote sessions, and in-person for staff and students
In Fairfield, big things come in small packages. While our team may be small, our diverse sets of skills allow us to be versatile while working toward enhancing your child's education. What makes our team so great? We do not back down from a challenge that is presented before us. To meet our team click "Staff" on the right side of the screen.
TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVES AND RESOURCES
Below is a list of resources that Teachers, Staff, Parents and our Students may find useful.
HOW-TO'S & GUIDES
What is 2FA and why do I need it?
It's pretty simple and already enforced for other important things you use like when you sign in to your online banking website.
You can GET STARTED HERE
If you would like more information on securing your account it is thoroughly covered in Google's knowledge base.
Why do you need 2FA?
It's easier than you think for someone to steal your password
Any of these common actions could put you at risk of having your password stolen:
● Using the same password on more than one site
● Downloading software from the Internet
● Clicking on links in email messages
● 2-Step Verification can help keep bad people out, even if they have your password.
How does it work?
Signing in to your account will work a little differently
1. You'll enter your password.
Whenever you sign in to Google, you'll enter your password as usual.
2. Next, you'll be asked for something else.
In most 2FA setups a code will be sent to your phone via text, voice call, or a mobile app. At Fairfield County School District you will be assigned a Security Key. You will have to insert the key into your computer’s USB port and press the gold circle when prompted. (Please see the illustrations below shown below)
How does this protect you?
An extra layer of security.
Most people only have one layer – their password – to protect their accounts. With 2-Step Verification, if a bad person hacks through your password layer, they'll still need your phone or Security Key to get into your google account.
Where do I get my security key?
The Fairfield County School District Technology team will be working diligently to get a security key assigned to each and every employee by July 31. We will distribute keys to each school.
What if I forget my security key at home?
Not to worry this is not the end of the world. If you happen to misplace your security key the Technology team can provide a temporary bypass code after verification of your identity. If we are unable to verify your identity we will need to verify your identity through your direct supervisor/principal/assistant principal/or media specialist.
1226 US Highway
321 By-Pass South, Winnsboro, SC 29180
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
7:00 AM - 5:30 PM