Digital Learning Initiative (DLI)
Fairfield County School District has embarked on an aggressive Digital Learning Initiative (DLI) focused on the three E’s, Engagement, Equity, and Exposure:
- Equity: Every student in grades 2-12 will have access to a Google Chromebook, either in the classroom or at home. This will help to close the digital divide and ensure equitable access to technology regardless of a student’s background, geographic area, or socioeconomic status.
- Engagement: Increase the level of student engagement in the classroom. Students will learn to think critically and become empowered to take charge of their learning in the classroom by accessing blended learning opportunities through the use of a variety of technology tools.
- Exposure: Ensure that every student has exposure to latest technology tools to be globally competitive and college and career ready.
Digital Learning Initiative Information
- Chromebooks Procedures Guide
- Parent Consent Form (Elementary)
- Parent Consent Form (Secondary)
- Expectations for Computing Device Use Form (Elementary)
- Expectations for Computing Device Use Form (Secondary)
- Overview of Digital Learning Initiative
- Loaner Mifi Use (Elementary)
- Loaner Mifi Use (Secondary)
- Kajeet SmartSpot Q & A
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Social Media Guidelines
- Chromebook Care & Responsibility
- Fairfield Digital Apps & Tools
Digital Literacy Videos for Parents
- Digital Literacy Tips for Parents
- Common Sense Media
Digital Literacy Resources for Teachers